The VPI Avenger table was originally a project started by Harry over 15 years ago. In the process of the design the project was dropped in mid-production due to excessive demand by HR-X customers which left the design and proto-type chassis to be mothballed.
Shortly after the development of the Prime, and while cleaning out the warehouse in preparation for a dealer training event, the forgotten Avenger and its designs were re-discovered! The working name was the "Tri-Pod Project". The project was intended to be a versatile High-End "Sand-Box" for all types of modification on set-up preferences.
The VPI Avenger chassis is three layers of bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic, with damping material between layers, locked in by 3 isolation steel corner posts, 3 bolts, and the massive bearing assembly. The corner posts which hold the tonearms (up to three will fit) have adjustable machined knobs giving the user the ability to easily raise and lower the height to level the table. Fully adjustable armboards are made from 5/8” 6061 aluminum for rigidity and grounding. The table can mount up to three arms, any manufacture's brand, and any length! The Avenger comes in three variants. Standard, Plus, and Reference.
- Three layer bonded acrylic/aluminum/acrylic chassis
- 3 stainless steel corner / Arm mounting posts
- The 300 RPM, 24 pole, AC synchronous motor
- The Inverted bearing features a hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sits on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects
- 20 pound 6061 aluminum platter with of +/- .001” accuracy
- The motor pulley with +/- .0005” accuracy when leaving factory
- JMW 12-3D with VPI pure copper wire
- Made in the USA
Acrylic - Aluminum - Acrylic Chassi
Platter Type & Size: 12" Aluminum, 20 lbs
Tonearm Included: JMW 10-3DR - Tonearm
Motor RPM: 300 RPM
Motor Pulley Accuracy: +/- .0005"
Wow and Flutter: .08 %
Speed Accuracy: .08 %
Rumble: 82db Down
Footprint is 23" x 20"
Overall Dimensions 27" x 23" x 10"
Total Weight: 68 lbs
-12" aluminum platter
-12" Uni-Pivot Arm
-VTA Base On The Fly
Avenger Plus adds
Avenger Reference adds
-Magnetic RIM-Drive System
-12" Uni-Pivot Fatboy Arm
- Periphery Ring Clamp - Improves record warp reduction and the shelf life of your cartridge.
- JMW 1 Fatboy Arm
- Dual Pivot/Stabilizer Kit - Improves focus on the vocals and makes the arm easier to handle.
- Analog Drive System (ADS) - Improves accuracy and speed adjustment.
- Reference Feet - Improves isolation and makes it even more quite between the notes.
Please contact us for pricing on upgrades you may want to make at the time of purchase