English Electric 8Switch
The 8switch by English Electric, is an eight-port GbE Ethernet switch modified and upgraded to our specific requirements for high-performance music streaming networks. Eight audio grade 100/1000 Base-T gigabit Ethernet ports make it possible to connect even the most demanding streaming setups. Significant (ie. audible) improvements can be experienced in music playback via streaming services or music stored on a NAS.
The 8switch features low and high electrical noise isolation, reducing data issues that can often be apparent during the playback of high-resolution material. Powered by a customized TCXO (Temperature Compensation Crystal Oscillator), accuracy is 0.1ppm – far higher than normal crystals and higher than a normal TCXO, allowing the 8Switch to generate higher accuracy network signals, which in turn helps provide more stable music data transmission.
The 8Switch jitter measurements indicate an improved network signal performance of up to 90%. The machined aluminium enclosure offers excellent protection from both acoustic and electrical noise. The minimal LED display on the front panel includes power, alarm and the link status/speed for each of the 8 ports. The AV-grade power adaptor has been designed to reduce electrical noise from AC power and prevent mains quality issues from affecting the network signals. It also boasts high power efficiency, a no-load power consumption < 0.075W and protection from short circuit, overload and over-voltage.
Each Switch is supplied with a free Chord Company C-Stream digital streaming cable.
- Ethernet ports: 8 audio-grade 100/1000 Base-T gigabit.
- Port IN: Connect to LAN (Local Area Network).
- Port 1-7: Connect to audio/video devices.
- Clock: Customized TCXO with accuracy rated at 0.1ppm.
- Power supply: Advanced medical-grade 5V DC at 1A max. (5,=.5mm x 2.1mm, tip carries +5V).
- Accessories supplied: 75cm Chord C-Stream streaming cable.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 35 x 152 x 83mm (1.4 x 6.0 x 3.25in)
- Weight: 422g (15oz)
- Finish: Matte black