Thorens TD 1601 combines everything TD 1600 brings with some additional features regarding comfort and connection to amplifiers. Classical wooden plinth, two-part platter with inner belt and thick rubber mat, powerful motor control unit, arm board and acrylic dust cover are expanded by balanced outputs and functions for easier handling.
The conical springs for sub chassis are not mounted on top board any longer but standing on the bottom. Additionally, a small but strong tightened thread made of steel connects sub chassis with a steel pin on the bottom and so prevents sub chassis from staggering and allows only vertical movement.
An electrical lift is included, too and a contactless auto shut off. XLR jacks provide a real balanced connection to amplifiers
- Stabilized sub chassis on three conical springs
- Polished precision belt
- Two part platter
- Adjustable belt tension
- Electronical controlled motor
- Electrical lift at end of record
- Contactless auto shut off
- Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) output
- Thorens precision tonearm TP 92 9“
- Comes without a cartridge