Goldring G1042 Cartridge
This is a cartridge for the audiophile who demands the ultimate sonic performance from their system, together with the convenience of a user replaceable stylus.
The 1042 uses a nude, natural-diamond stylus with a Gyger S profile. This is a revolutionary line-contact type which is shaped to more closely resemble the record cutting head than any previous design. The stylus profile is the main factor governing overall sound quality in a cartridge and the shape of the Gyger S with its 6 µm radius allows it to trace the smallest groove detail with complete fidelity. Mid-range tonality is incredibly accurate and precise with high frequency sibilance banished. The extended side wall contact of the Gyger-S diamond also gives the 1042 unsurpassed resolution of the fine groove modulations, producing an exceptionally detailed, smooth and musical sound.
- Colour: Black
- Stylus Type: Replaceable
- Stylus Radius: Gyger S
- Replacement Stylus: D42
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Sensitivity: 6.5 mV ±1.5 dB, 1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec
- Load Resistance: 47K Ω
- Load Capacitance: 150 – 200 pF
- Cartridge Mass: 6.3 Grams
- Cartridges Mass Including Fixings: 7.6 Grams
- Playing Weight: 1.5 Grams – 2.0 Grams (1.7 Grams Recommended)